Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Welcome!

I suppose it's my turn to join the ranks of my fellow writers at DCist.com who have their own personal blogs. I can't aspire to be nearly as interesting as they are, but I suppose I was feeling a little left out, a little short on an identity of my own. Now here I am.

The point of this blog isn't to comment on politics, necessarily, since there are legions of bloggers and journalists that can do that better than I can. It's more to describe, comment on, and follow the life of one of the many bicycle commuters in Washington, D.C. I'm more than a commuter, I suppose. Ever since I arrived in Washington in August 2002, I have used my bike to get to and from home, work, and play. I've ridden through almost every neighborhood in the 69-square miles that make up the city, and until now, done so without the horror of being hit by an errant driver or hitting an errant pedestrian myself (furious knocking on wood to ensue). I've purchased two bikes while in the District, taken a job at a local bike store, and recently became a mountain bike racer. Needless to say, I take my biking relatively seriously.

I think there is enough to be said about biking on a daily basis about biking to merit a blog. Hopefully I won't be the only one to think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home